Caught exception: Unknown column 'external_user_id' in 'field list' More Customization Means More Sales this Holiday Season with VDB Ring Creator
Skip to main content

web iconshouse solid32   web iconsphone solid32    Login Button   Join for Free

More Customization Means More Sales this Holiday Season with VDB Ring Creator

The moment the last trick or treater collected the last piece of candy, the familiar, comforting strains of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” began to crackle out of the speakers at Walgreens, heralding the beginning of the holiday season. Are you ready?

The most wonderful time of the year is also one of the most romantic times of year. In the US, 40% of marriage proposals take place between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But it’s not only engagements fueling holiday jewelry purchases. This is the time that your customers will be looking for special, one-of-a-kind gifts for their dearest loved ones. It’s not enough to just grab something off of the shelf, and a gift card or some cash in a greeting card definitely won’t do. The most romantic gifts, and the most heartfelt gifts, need a personal touch.

You can offer options for customization to customers looking for something unique, but without specialized software, you can’t really give them the ability to actually see what the final product will look like. That’s where the VDB Ring Creator comes in. This interactive builder plugs right into your Shopify store and engages and entertains customers while they build the ring of their dreams. It guides customers through three simple steps: choose a stone, choose a setting, review the complete ring. The interface is easy for the customer to understand, but the possibilities are limitless.

According to a 2021 survey by ringspo, only 35% of engagement rings come as a surprise to the receiver, with the remaining 65% of purchases being collaborative in some way. More often than not, both halves of a relationship have a say in what the engagement ring will look like. VDB Ring Creator lets them both give their input as they experiment with different stones and settings.

VDB Ring Creator lets you showcase mined and lab-grown diamonds, colored gemstones, and settings from your own inventory and favorite vendors, and you also have the option to connect to VDB’s extensive network of suppliers. The app is also fully customizable, so you can configure the look of the app to fit with your own branding. The VDB staff is on hand to provide any technical assistance you need. And you can be sure that it looks great and functions flawlessly on a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone.

The ringspo survey also found that couples tend to look into at least 2-4 retailers before making a decision. In total, over 2/3 of engagement ring shoppers look at more than one retailer. VDB Ring Creator gives you more of a chance of getting shoppers to hang around your site for a while, experiment with different options, and eventually fall in love with something they’ve created. And seeing what the ring will look like also builds excitement, making you more likely to close a sale.

More than ever before, consumers are looking for personalized experiences. VDB Ring Creator gives them what they want, so they can give their loved ones what they want.